Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Honeydew Soup

Thanks, Amy, for taking the initiative on this!

This recipe ran in the Post-Dispatch about two weeks ago, and I clipped it because I knew I'd have a bumper crop of melons to use somehow. Now I'm somewhat addicted to the soup, and the garden isn't keeping up with me! I've been drinking it as juice at breakfast, as dessert at lunch, as an afternoon snack ...


Chilled Honeydew Soup With Mint And Lime

TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES
Yield: 5 or 6 servings

1 medium honeydew melon, perfectly ripe, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks (about 6 to 8 cups)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons minced fresh mint

Working in several batches, place everything in a food processor or blender; purée until smooth. Transfer to a container with a tight-fitting lid; chill until very cold. Serve in bowls or in glasses.

Per serving (based on 6 servings): 92 calories; no fat; 1g protein; 22g carbohydrate; 19g sugar; 2g fiber; 41mg sodium; 16mg calcium; 532mg potassium.

No comments: